Hi there, i am a young lady who has foun...

Asked by Roxane on 30-04-2019 10:22:26
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 100.00

Hi there, i am a young lady who has found herself in a financial difficulty after my first employment. Because i was working for the first time after my studies i landed in alot of debt. Opening this and that accounts and ended up over indebted. i took the initaitive to apply for Debt review because at time i thought it was the best option for me. i was under Debt care for almost a year and i decided to stop payments because they did not render the service that they promised in the beginning of my application. I havent paid my accounts since then and i would like to start paying my creditors myself from now on. i wanted to find out how i can cancel the debt review under my name and start paying all my loans off. i have had an increase at work and i feel i am able to continue paying my account. Is it possible if a civil court may give me such a clearance? and what is the procedure?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.