I lodged an application for a rescission...

Asked by Junaid Abrahams on 21-05-2019 09:47:42
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

I lodged an application for a rescission of my debt review in Oct 2018 and received a court date for my case to be heard in Feb 2019. When my attorneys arrived at court they were informed that the court had lost my case file.

They had then asked whether they could open a duplicate file and ask the Magistrate to hear the matter. The Magistrate however declined to hear the matter as he was of the opinion that he needs the court file notes in order to make his decision.

My attorneys have subsequently informed me that they have taken the court on review, with another agonising wait on the cards for myself.

I'd like to know if there is any other course of action I could persue. Could I contact teh court directly, in the case that my attorneys are possibly giving me the run-around afetr I've already paid the associated fees.

My life is now on hold after I've invested a few years in rehabiltion of my credit status and urgently need to move on with my life. I lodged the rescission as I will shortly have to relocate and won't be able to enter into a bond agreement with this hanging over me. My life is literally at a stand still 9 months after stating the process.


Junaid Abrahams


(m) 072 679 5619

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.