I and my boyfriend was living with other...

Asked by Linda2603 on 05-06-2019 11:17:12
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 300.00

I and my boyfriend was living with othert tenant in a house, but we did not Singh any agreements with the tenants but with the agency, we all were renting the house from. We gave notice as per our contract in writing and even more, dates than needed, we needed to move due to boyfriend losing his work and me being unable to afford our part of the rent on my own.

The lady at the agency said that we will lose our deposit due to us moving out before the lease is over.

I have done my part to get the tenant to take over my part of the lease but they keep turning the tenants away. Now a month after we all read moved out the lady that signed with us the contract is looking for R 2000 from me and has involved her son hoe has not signed the contract and have him threatening me by saying he is going to take me to court and sue me for R 10,000. I would like to know what can I do?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.