Hi . My mom passed away recently . She l...

Asked by Monique on 13-06-2019 17:55:47
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 300.00

Hi . 

My mom passed away recently . She left her house for me and my sister and 2 brothers . The house are on our names and we all live in the house together . In my mother's testament she states that my sister is in charge to collect the municipality money and to pay them . Now my sister says we must R500 a month rent and the money thats left must go for electricity . Now she doesn't use the left over money for electricity she uses it for herself . 

I want to know MUST I pay rent in my own house or must the municipality account be devided between the children and each give their share ? 

Thank you in advance

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.