Good day, I am a financial planner, that...

Asked by Graham on 23-07-2019 09:46:30
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good day, I am a financial planner, that has struggled financially over the last year and a half, my industry is very volatile as you might know, and we sometimes lose vast amounts of money due to client behaviour. During the course of 2018 till now, I was unable to pay, my vehicle due to a lack of funds, I tried negotiating with MFC but they would not compromise, and insisted I pay the full arrears before any deal could be negotiated for a lower instalment, which financially was not possible for me! This morning I received a call from the sheriff's office, where a man informed me that he has a letter from MFC demanding that my vehicle be returned, I am busy getting myself out of financial turmoil and since this month I have started to gain momentum with regards to earning more income, my idea was to make and save enough money this year, so that I can pay them the full arrears amount as soon as I was able too. now I don't know what to do? If they take my vehicle I lose my ability to earn an income, therefore I will suffer much more losses than just the repossession of my vehicle.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.