Good dayI'm hoping you could guide me. I...

Asked by Gavin Hill on 29-07-2019 09:29:49
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 400.00

Good day

I'm hoping you could guide me. I have been married for 23 years and during these years and prior to our marriage my wife was unfatihful to me on a few occassions. I have remained committed to her as i love her and our children deeply. Last year in January she got involved an unhealthy relationship with a clolleague. They maintain that there was no sexual engagement but just kissing and regular meetings and electronic communication of an emotional nature. I thought we had managed to put an end to this behaviour , but it has resurfaced again this weekend that they are still engaging with Flirtatious communication. I had previously wrned my wife that if she was unfaithful to me I would seek a divorce. Having said that i feel that the latest interactions probably don't justify the extreme step of a divorce. As i am still deeply committed to and love her dearly. I am also concerned that this is placing undue emational strain on my health.

At this stage i am also wanting to bring this relationship to the attention of her colleagues wife s well.

Furthermore i am wondering if i could approach a lawyer to state that should the relationship not end immediately I will have no alternative to file for a divorce. Alternatively if she is unhappy in our marriage she must inform me and we can arrange to be divorced as I no longer want to be in a marriage where she is not committed to me. Additionally any future acts of unfaithfulness on her part with any external parties would result in me filing for a divorce. 

She says she loves me and doesnt want to get divorced but I'm hoping that a lawyers letter will show that I have now had enough and can no longer tolerate any infidelities on her part.

Thank you


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.