My husband has left me and he had been u...

Asked by Keisha on 29-07-2019 11:24:48
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 100.00

My husband has left me and he had been unemployed for more than 6 months and prior 9 years as well. He doesnt want to work and uses his unemployed status as a reason not to provide for me and my children.We are still married in community of property however i am thinking that he is going to file a divorce.I would like to know if he files the divorce would i be able to claim on his mothers pension because i have been working for my children alone and he has put me through so much stress?Could you please respond via email as i would not be able to answer my phone at the moment.With Regards Keisha 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.