Good Day ,I have currently moved into a ...

Asked by shaida on 10-01-2018 13:27:24
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 100.00

Good Day ,

I have currently moved into a flat in Mindalore ,

and  have signed contract's as well i seem to be having a problem with my statement ,

my current rent is R3800 which i have no problem for however i will list what i seem to have a problem with :

I am being charged for water at R316  every month ( Same amount )and according to my landlord its in there clause !

Sewerage - I have called the municipality and the amount i am meant to be paying is R221 but am being charged R241

Basic electricty charge - I am being charged R330.04 every month (Same amount) once again according to my landlord it is according to there clause !

Refuse - I have called the municipality and the amount i am meant to pay is R146 BUT I AM BEING CHARGED R216

Electricity - meter reading's are taken but weirdly no one see's the guys taking the readings and know in Dec 2017 we have been charged and estimate for January 2018 rent - is that even corret ,

i mean how can they give an estimate ? and if i do not use as much electricity ?then what

Then lastly i am being charged R69.55 every month for admin fees ? according the clause once again .

I have queried this with my landlord on email and i was told it is according the the clause i signed ,

I am highly unhappy about this , and when i speak to my neighbours we all are paying almost the same amount but we are all at work ,

so i cannot see how the electricity is being used ?

Please advise me here me here

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.