Hi. I am a teacher working at an unregis...

Asked by Anonymous on 10-06-2019 12:27:54
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Hi. I am a teacher working at an unregistered school still getting its registration number.I just found out that most of the teachers are not licensed. I am bound by a continuous contract. The director says I must give 2 calender months notice but I just gave him one month. He refused to accept it.

He has threatened to take me to court if I leave before time. Do I have any recourse at all? Also what is the maximum amount he can sue me for in court?



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.