Good morning My name is Kgantse Ramalepa...

Asked by Kgantse on 05-03-2020 09:39:50
Question posted in the Intellectual Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 100.00

Good morning 

My name is Kgantse Ramalepa. I'm a director of a Catering company that was registered on the 13 November 2018. I recently showed my previous colleague my company logo as he had asked to see it. He then redesigned it as his own logo. I then confronted him to redo his own logo and he agreed but he didn't do so. He instead used my logo as his and he has been using it on his promotional materials.  He is planning on having a launch for his butchery and shisanyama on the 7th March 2020 with the same logo that belongs to me. Please assist. 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-03-2020 13:25:07

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can tell him that if he uses your logo, that will constitute an infringement of your intellectual property and you can then sue him for damages!

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.