Good morning I bought a house via an age...

Asked by SeipatiM on 23-03-2020 02:22:48
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good morning 

I bought a house via an agent which was registered on the 14th of November. The previous owner left her belongings which includes a car. I approached lawyers to try and get metro police to come and collect the car. I paid R800 cash for consulting and R35000 for opening a file to get that letter. Now the lawyer claims l need to pay additional R7500 since this matter needs to go to court. Please advise on the correct procedure since I feel like l am being lied to by my lawyers and they are trying to get money from me for no valid legal reasons.

Please help Seipati 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 27-03-2020 09:09:22

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

R35000 for opening a file? Please confirm?

Was a letter drafted and sent to the previous owner?

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.