Hi,I have been living with a woman in my...

Asked by gabriel on 18-04-2020 10:51:42
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng


I have been living with a woman in my flat for 5 months and she is now accusing me of rape and has let me know that she is contemplating going to the police.

The last time she and I were intimate was at least 3 months ago and I have never raped her, and since then (maybe 3 weeks ago) I had kicked her out because we were constantly in a state of conflict and could not live together. But she has returned and is now living in my flat again. The conflict contiued for a week and I then decided to leave the flat and go stay with my parents. a few days after I moved to my parent's house is when she let me know that she was considering going to the police over text. This sounded like a threat as she mentioned that she has text between us whose contents will lead any person to logically conclude that her case is legitimate. I have not spoken to her since then as I was afraid anything i might say may work against me should she decide to lodge a case.

I would please like some advice on what the best way is to prepare as I suspect she will go through with is.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.