Good Day, My name is Atlegang Carlton Sh...

Asked by Atli on 05-02-2021 11:16:42
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Day, My name is Atlegang Carlton Shirenda. I'm 20 years old and I have a protection order that was set up against me by my uncle whom I've assaulted verbally and physically. I signed the protection order which means I agreed to what he says I did. But he chose to close the case. As time went by, he assaulted me as well and I got a protection order against him which was granted by the court although he doesn't want to sign it so the police advised me to get a warrant of arrest for him. My question is that can he re open the case against me if I get him arrested?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.