Good day I would like some advice on dea...

Asked by Justin on 08-09-2021 09:16:09
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day I would like some advice on dealing with father passed away in may an I'm the only beneficiary on his will will was handled by Absa recently Absa contacted me saying that they standing down as executor an I need to find me a lawyer...

My questions is long do this whole process  an 2 how do payment work if I get a lawyer kind regards Justin michaels 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-09-2021 13:21:49

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Is ABSA Bank standing down as the executor because the value of the estate is quite small?

Do you know the value of the estate?

Where about are you based? Cape Town?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.