Hi all,I've registered a company called ...

Asked by Brittany on 15-10-2022 00:57:19
Question posted in the Immigration Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi all,I've registered a company called Inter-Doc and need some advice on a few things.*Inter-doc is a document procurement company based in South Africa. We assist South Africans in obtaining their civic documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates and police clearance certificates, quickly and efficiently, whether they are living in South Africa or living abroad.*

My question is:If a South African citizen living in a country that is a party to the Hague Convention of 1961/Apostille Convention - would like to use my services for eg. a birth certificate - one of the documents that I need to present to home affairs is a signed power of attorney. Does the POA have to be the original (couriered to me) or can it be signed, scanned and sent to me to print? If it must be the original, will a digitally signed (e-signature) POA suffice?

Thank you in advance.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.