Good dayTrust this finds you wellI would...

Asked by Anonymous on 24-10-2022 17:21:45
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Free State

Good day

Trust this finds you well

I would like to enquire on something 

A few months back i registered on a dating aite who gave the option if a trial basis.  They then tested to confirm my banking details and then toom ans amount of R389.  Then a few days whilst in the trial i requested to be unsubacribed as i followed the prompts but nothing happend i will only reveive an acknowledgement that a consultant qill contact me.  Then several  emails later i noticed an amount if R999. 00 and also an amount of R3.00 going off twice.  I visited my bank and they opened a fraud case and re imbursed one transaction of R999. 00.  In this time there qe no other communication from this ans yet all of a sudden a collection company is forcing me to make paymenta else tbey will implement one ir the other act.  I was not active on this site and as inicated i requested to be released but to no avail yet now a collection company is harassing me.  Im at my withsend with this ans requests your advise 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.