Good dayIn 2012 I was registered as a fu...

Asked by Jonathan Bantu November on 14-03-2024 08:12:22
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day

In 2012 I was registered as a full time learner at Vaal University of Technology in Electrical Engineering Light Current (Process Control), In 2014 I was given the Theory completion letter by the HOD stating that I am only left with P1/P2 training so that I can complete my diploma. So all these years I couldn't get any P1/P2 training and I was working for a company of my different field of study without getting in-service training so in 2022 that is when I was offered P1/P2 training, after completing the training the institution did include my training results on to the system. I then applied for graduation, and got a response saying I have one outstanding level 3 module and I tried to apply for it then the diploma was Phased out, so now I was told i cannot be credited at all because my modules are more than 6 year, so i have to redo the whole diploma from the start . I cannot afford and I will be loosing my current job if I do not supply with the qualification. I am stuck I really don't know what to do, no one is helping me out. And if I previously did not receive the Theory Completion letter, I would have done that one module long ago

Please assist me in this situation.

Number: 0780123467

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.