My daughter turns 18 in May 2018.She and...

Asked by tdewwessels on 22-01-2018 16:26:06
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 250.00

My daughter turns 18 in May 2018.

She and her mother (who has custody) are planning to move in with her mother's boyfriend, around november/december timeframe.

My daughter wants to use the maintenance which she will be receiving directly from me to help pay for them to rent a larger house.

Her mother does not work due to health reasons and receives a pension.

My concern is that her mother and boyfriend will be dependent on her income in order to pay for the larger house, this can result in her being forced to stay on in the house when she wants to or needs to move to her own place or if her mothers boyfriend who has a unstable work history loses his work.

Is there anything which I can do to prevent/limit this from happening?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.