HiWhen two parties are invloved in a mot...

Asked by Mertin on 23-05-2018 20:37:53
Question posted in the Insurance Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00


When two parties are invloved in a motor vehicle accident and they both agree to settle the situation outside of the insurance company. How do you determine what is fair to pay. For example if the only damage to the one vehicle is a 10 cm crack in the bumper (which is small), can the person at fault insist on having the panel beater only do a bumper repair, done by a professional ofcoarse. Or does the party at fault have no say in where or how the repairs are done?Thanks

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.