Good MorningOn the 23rd of May 2019 my h...

Asked by Nthabimonnahela on 06-06-2019 10:33:06
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good Morning

On the 23rd of May 2019 my house was broken into i think maybe between 11h00 and 12h30.I have a alarm system with a company called COPWATCH, when my husband left the house 06h59 he locked and armed i even have the confirmation from COPWATCH that the house was armed. I only realised that there was house breaking when the guy who is driving my kids called me to find out if im at home because all the gates are opened. The alarm did not go off, no message that the house was open that i received. I am the one who called COPWATCH to tell them there was house breaking at my premise. On their arrival they confirmed that indeed there was break in, when i arrived at home the security officer was there then i requested the technician to come and check the alarm system, the technician came and confirmed that the alarm system is in perfect working condition, the only speculation he can make is that probably the signal was jammed. i told him i need full confirmation of exactly how is it possible and who is liable for the damages because the house was armed as it should, after that i never heared anything from them. until i called and i spoke to their General Manager who still cant explain beyond the jamming of the signal,

i need to know is COPWATCH liable for the damages or what can i do?



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.