Hi I am currently being sued by my step ...

Asked by ScottDay on 12-02-2020 23:13:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00


I am currently being sued by my step brother on the basis of financial enrichment. My step brother some years ago staryed paying towards his step father's (my father's) living expences. This was discussed and agreed between them and I was not involved or made aware of what their agreement was. Over the years I have tried to help where I can, some time with a bit of money and other times with my time or a meal or two. I unfortunately am not financially well off so could not afford to help financially. My step brother is now claiming that I was financially enriched by him paying the money to my father and he is now suing me to repay the amount of money he has paid to my father. 

Does he have a case?



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 13-02-2020 12:43:19

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I do not see how he has a case against YOU, because he helped your father, not you. How then did you become enriched?! No, it doesn't make sense and I don't think that he has a case.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.