To whom it may concern.My wife and I are...

Asked by Robert on 13-04-2020 07:48:33
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

To whom it may concern.

My wife and I are seperated for the last year we have one baby girl of two years old and one girl who is 5 years old but she is not my child the 5 year old. but the two year old is my child but I love them both as my own childern. But my wife will not let them come visit me. She says she does not trust me. I have never hurt any of them. I have only known my biological child for maybe 8 months of her life and only seen her once since then. I ask you please help me with seeing them more as she is a hard case and is a bit aggresive towards me. I have to really talk nice to her to keep in contact with my childern. as this is being going on for some time now I am loosing so much of my childs life please Could you help me. I have lost every thing becuase all I think about is them. Please help me.

Kind regards,

Robert Owen

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 14-04-2020 18:52:49

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

First, with this lockdown I am afraid that there is NO WAY that you will be able to travel to see your kids. The SAPS will arrest you for breaking the lockdown regulations.

Secondly, when the lockdown finishes, my advice is that you approach the Family Court for assistance because your wife is NOT ALLOWED to stop you from seeing your kids. The Family Court will assist you in putting a Parenting Plan together, or getting a Court Order which will force your wife to allow you access to your kids.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.