In Dec 2015 at the age of 21 i was arres...

Asked by AneleS on 31-05-2020 12:24:30
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 300.00

In Dec 2015 at the age of 21 i was arrested for drinking and driving.

I appeared in court and was told my case had been provisionally withdrawn.

I have since graduated and cannot find work because I am told I have a criminal record.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this foolish mistake before my future passes me?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.