Hi My name is mlawuli Ngubo. I work for ...

Asked by Mlawuli on 30-07-2020 12:51:25
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal


My name is mlawuli Ngubo. I work for a company for three years now last year i applied for a new post which i did get. My previous job title was a Docucare and i applied for a Site controller job which i am currently working at now. Problem started when they sent me some documents to sign which my title was labeled as a Docucare specialist and i have refused to sign it but they want me to do so and they promising to change later which is something i dont believe will. I have suspisions that even the money am getting is not the amount i should be getting. In june during the early hard times with the pendemic one of the hr staff resigned and on that same month my salary was extra with 2000 while in the same month they told us they are cancelling our increase which had started in May. I did not understand but i didnt ask how come am getting extra cash out of no where at this time of the year with the issues of corona we are facing. I am in durban our head office is in johannesburg and i just figured out that in my company i have two positions one as Site controller which it only appears on my payslip and johannesburg knows me as a DOCUCARE Specialist. I am confused dont know where to start in order to be clear about this. Thank you

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.