I need advice regarding labour law. I wa...

Asked by Flora on 07-08-2020 10:21:43
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I need advice regarding labour law. 

I was unfairly dismissed. A settlement  was reached at Meibco. The company failed to comply as per agreement. Arbitration was awarded thereafter. Still the company failed to comply. I registered  the matter to labour court. Contempt of court was issued by the magistrate. This was in 2014 then again in 2017 another contempt was issued. Ive been unemployed since 2012. How can i speed up this process. I do have an attorney but shes still awaiting a court date since last april. Please advise. 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 16-08-2020 00:48:33

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Why contempt of court? What was the company required to do which it didn't?

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.