My son now resides in Amsterdam, Netherl...

Asked by dorothy on 07-09-2020 15:15:50
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

My son now resides in Amsterdam, Netherlands. I require a document from him to be attested by S.A. Embassy in the Hague for use in a court case here in Johannesburg on 15 September. Embassy will only give him appointment for 22 September - too late to have it couriered to me in time.  What can I do to either advise the court the reason why I could not get the letter in time (they did not give him anything confirming his appointment. I want to comply with court's requirements but don’t know how to do it without providing an original attested document.  Also, he has a court case here in Johannesburg on  24 September but is not able to travel due to international travel ban. What is best way to advise court he cannot attend and request a postponement. Once again he wanted to sign a document at S.A. Embassy in Hague but can’t get appointment in time. Thank you.

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 08-09-2020 11:42:08

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Is the court case a civil case or a criminal case?

When was he ordered to deliver this letter?

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

Information provided by client

I keep on asking how to remove a question from my account. You don't respond. I only want one question answered. I will pay when you tell me how to remove a question.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.