Divorce settlement not adhered to. My ex...

Asked by Anonymous on 24-10-2020 09:32:01
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Mpumalanga

Divorce settlement not adhered to. My exhusband stipulated a vehicle for me in the settlement, the vehicle was used by him during our seperation before divorce was finalised and it broke down, he said it will be fixed there is sal  license issues with the vehicle and 11 months later I still dont have a vehicle as per settlement. My parents bought a vehicle of which i am paying the installments and insurance, so that I have a vehicle. I want to know if I can claim the vehicle payments and insurance which I am paying from my ex for the months past because he has not supplied the vehicle or alternative vehicle and until he provides me with vehicle in settlement or the cash value of said vehicle. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.