I have 3 kids, two of which I have with ...

Asked by Sibusiso on 18-12-2020 11:16:07
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Mpumalanga

I have 3 kids, two of which I have with my wife and one if from my previous relationship. The mother of my child from my previous relationship applied for maintenance in 2017 and I'm paying it. In 2018 I got married and after I went to court to apply for the maintenance amount to be decreased as I wasn't able to afford meeting my monthly obligations,, but since then I haven't been helped with the application. I've been failing to make payments on some months since, and this year the court told me I owe R6600 which I still can't afford. I continued to ask for the maintenance to be decreased but with no help. What steps should I follow to get the help I need as I am failing to make monthly payments?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.