I 35yrs and my family occupy a house pre...

Asked by Anonymous on 02-01-2021 12:12:39
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

I (35yrs) and my family occupy a house previously owned by my grandparents from my mom's side . We are three siblings and my dad. My mom has passed on and I am thee eldest son . My sister(30yrs) is younger and living with mental illness, my brother (21yrs) have been suffering under the hand of my father who is an alcoholic. My grandmother was thee surviving spouse and on the permit was my deceased mother, my deceased uncle and my aunt who has gone missing more than 20 years ago. There were other siblings wich all have also passed on . None of my siblings including myself have had children. My dad has since asked me to vacate the house although it's not legally owned by him due to the desire to remarry . He has been an irresponsible abusive alcoholic for years who has depended on me to run the household. What can I do legally to have more authority over the house even if it's not permanent to prevent my father from co inhabiting with his current partner?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.