Good dayWe have entered into a offer to ...

Asked by Larissa on 04-01-2021 10:05:43
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Good day

We have entered into a offer to purchase with a seller, who at the time (along with the estate agent) failed to disclose that this was a distressed sale. After 4 months, this sale has been prolonged due to this non-disclosure and we as the purchasers want to cancel this agreement.

Is there legal grounds for us wanting to cancel this agreement due to the delays caused by the seller/agents due to this non-disclosure?

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 05-01-2021 20:11:17

Hi there, 

I am a practicing attorney based in South Africa and I will assist you with your question. Please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

This is a request for information so that I can understand your question and give you a proper answer.

Why do you think that the non-disclosure of the fact that this is a distressed sale is material to the situation, and which would enable you to cancel the sale?

What, exactly, is the delay?

Awaiting your further information.

Att. Patrick

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.