I was involved in an accident as driver ...

Asked by Kabelo on 02-02-2021 11:21:51
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Limpopo

I was involved in an accident as driver in 2019,I have made a claim throu a lawyer.then today I called RAF to enquire.i was told that RAF will pay only 50% of my injuries.i don't understand the 50% and also the accident was caused by the other drive because he skipped the robot and knockmy car.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-02-2021 21:14:18

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I think what the RAF was saying, is that they will offer to settle your claim at 50% of your claimed amount. They do this to see if you will accept a lesser amount to avoid a fight in court. 

You need to decide what you want to do:- (1) settle at 50%; or (2) fight for it all and suffer the risks.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.