In Oct 2019 my bank details and ID was s...

Asked by Iselle on 01-03-2021 19:11:25
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Eastern Cape

In Oct 2019 my bank details and ID was stolen and fraudulent credit cards opened in my name at ABSA and Edgards.  I struggled until January this year but managed to have both removed.  In February, a new credit card was loaded onto my clearscore for being in default, from Jet.  This has now been removed, but now there are another 14 x Edgars credit cards loaded on my name as I can see from Clearscore.  How do I get this removed?  It has been financially crippling as I cannot apply for a home loan as we are in the middle of trying to buy the house we are living in.  I have SAPS case numbers and have taken it up with Experian.  But there seems to be a syndicate that has been targetting my credit record. /E Edgars and RCS are useless and this fraud is done from inside as there is no way that someone can open 16 different credit cards, at the same company on 1 persons name.

Can I actually sue RCS/Edgars?  It is their incompetence and my life has been very badly impacted.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.