I lost my job with the municipality and ...

Asked by Nickey on 10-03-2021 07:57:17
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

I lost my job with the municipality and informed my landlords of a hotel turned apartment of the situation and of a payment plan whih stated payment of  the current monthly rent with more money to pay off the owed rental, I have started a new job that I quickly agreed on taking due to my situation however the employer has not paid what was promised now the landlord has cut the power to my apartment without notice given and claim they have sent emails on dates that do no correspond with my email amount.  The power cut was done by the landlord not the municipality. What an I do to get the power on,

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 11-03-2021 20:07:39

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can bring an application in the Magistrates Court to force the landlord to turn the power on again. It is called a spoliation application.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.