HiI have a non disclosure issue on a pro...

Asked by SatishA on 18-03-2021 16:06:29
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng


I have a non-disclosure issue on a property I bought late last year. The seller neglected to disclosure an issue with a  boundary wall that is moving and tilted towards the neighbours property.

This was only picked up Upon taking occupation and  it was brought to my attention by the gardener that a boundary wall was on the verge of falling. I later learnt that there had been discussions with the neighbour and the seller to fix this issue 2 years ago but was never done. All of this was not disclosed on the OTP or at point of sale.

When the matter was brought to the estate agent's attention, the neighbour and seller agreed to fix only a portion of the wall but now there is a dispute as the neighbor has indicated that he is not will to pay to put in a new foundation. What is my legal recourse to get them to fix the entire affected wall as this was a material non-disclosure on the Sale Agreement by the Seller.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.