Good day, I would like to ask, someone b...

Asked by Anonymous on 04-05-2021 19:43:23
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day, 

I would like to ask, someone borrowed me money and I'm paying her off but my friends also borrowed at her and they aren't paying her back now she is coming to our house everyday and harassing us telling us she will come everyday until se received her money... Now I don't have contact with them any more and I don't know where they stay anymore (once you can't help them they leave).. She is threatening us with the police and I don't want to fight back without knowing my rights correctly. She has a business where se lends money with interests but she isn't registered with NRC. What I want to know is can I get a interdict against her and still pay her off every month via EFT? I don't want to get in trouble by paying her but having a restraining order against her... Oh and when she borrowed us money she didn't take anything from us like I'd numbers or copies from our id's and we didn't sign any documents.

Please I need advice urgently, can't take this any longer!

Kind Regards 

Jacques Delport 

067 133 4310 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.