I have a baby with someone who denied pa...

Asked by The Lone Ranger on 15-05-2021 08:28:58
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

I have a baby with someone who denied parental responsibility from the get go. I am the sole and primary care giver of the baby and I am content with that. I was issued with a summons for a case of crimen injuria, I am the defendant but I am unaware of the contents of the case and have been denied knowing. What do I need to do in order to defend myself and protect my child? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.