We had tenants that moved into our prope...

Asked by MarionN on 08-07-2021 22:12:40
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

We had tenants that moved into our property 2018 and was renting it for almost 3 years there was a contract signed in presences of our attorney we, the tenant's and ourselves agreed verbally that there won't be a deposit payable the then gave us notice and left our property in a horrific condition and haven't paid rent for the last month

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-07-2021 14:31:25

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Then, what you will need to do is to sue them in the small claims court or the magistrates court for the last month's rental and for the costs to rectify the damages. Or, you could submit the claim to the Rental Housing Tribunal (which is like a court) and ask the Tribunal to make a ruling holding the ex-tenants liable.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.