Good day I need legal advise please.My f...

Asked by Denver on 19-08-2021 15:49:44
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day 

I need legal advise please.

My father passed on and left a last will and testament which was signed in 2018. He left his House to me his only son and the remaining estate to be divided equaly amongst the siblings which is 4.

My mum passed on in 2008 and her name still reflects on the property with my Dad. He got married 5 months ago before he passed on and the new wife claims that the will means nothing as she married in community of property.

Please advise

Denver Williams


Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 20-08-2021 10:54:51

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You'll need to give me a timeline of events, because what you've explained is not 100% clear.

2008 - your Mom passed away

2018 - your Dad signed a new Will

____ - your Dad got married

____ - your Dad passed away

Also, how were your Mom and Dad married? In community / out of community of property?

And, how did your Dad get married to his new wife? In community / out of community of property?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.