Bought a piece of land with FNB. issue i...

Asked by Anonymous on 12-11-2021 07:35:23
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Bought a piece of land with FNB. issue is thier attoneries did not disclose that they went ahead to deeds with an incomplete subdivsion.Which is a bank requirement  finance only legal properties. City of Johannesburg did an audit and they disconnected  services,as we speak my house is without legal electriclity and water.City of Johannesburg.Inittialy did not want to take responsibility for over 3 years.Public Protector took the case only then they agreed that the subdivsision is illegal they mixed sectional and full title among other issues were rates that they could not render . PP is looking at the case with monitor COJ to fix the mess. I did a second bond with FNB now they demand I clear rates while PP is looking at the case. Thier lawyers dont see anything wrong and they say we have to clear them even if the case id wth PP. Please advice we are only liable when the subdivsion legal and COJ reconnected services.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.