Hi I need help not sure what it's going ...

Asked by Nikketta on 08-12-2021 23:57:27
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi I need help not sure what it's going to cost but need to know what I can do please I'm being abused I was living on my mother's yard and she passed away last month so we moved into her house with my two brothers and sisters and neace that was already staying in the house.

We married in community of property he is telling me that if I run away that he can claim part of my mom's house and leave my family homeless as they will have to sell to give his part of the money is that true

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.