Good DayTo give you background info, I w...

Asked by Anonymous on 23-02-2022 11:07:38
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Day

To give you background info, I was asked by a Lady in Zimbabwe to help her buy some oxygen concentrators for her and some friends.I found a few companys and sent her the various options. She gave me the go ahead to purchase from a company called focus products in johannesburg. I received the invoices and proceeded to make the payment for the units. What I was no told was that they had to be ordered from China. Due to the long delay in getting the units, the lady and her friends cancelledd the ordered. I communicated this to focus products and requested the refund be paid. This took place at the beginning of February 2021. A year later and numerous calls( which do not get answered) and messages and e-mails, I'm still waiting for the refunfdt to be paid. In the mentime the people in Zimbabwe also want their money back and rightfully so. What can I do to get the money back. it is over R115 000.00. I know this business has basically closed and that one of the ex-employees has an appointment for Friday, 25.02.2022 ay the CCMA.

What can i do

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.