I knocked a 7 year old girl on the 29 Ju...

Asked by Kaylasha on 01-08-2022 15:27:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I knocked a 7 year old girl on the 29 July as she attempted to run across the road.I was able to do emergency braking and the car bumped her where she fell and bruised her knees and chin on the tarmac, i stopped the car immediately and tended to her. This was a normal road with no robots, pedestrian crossing and no adult supervision.There is no damages to my vehicle.I waiting for the parent to arrive and i took them to the clinic.I opened up a accident report on the 30 July.

I want to know whats the furthest can happen, will there be a court case?

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 08-08-2022 19:39:32

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

I can assist you in your question both from a civil claim point of view and a criminal claim point of view. Do you need help?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.