I am told that in order for the initial ...

Asked by Andrew on 02-12-2022 23:02:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

I am told that in order for the initial court order to be varied, I would have to restart the increase in maintenance application all over again. The problem with this is that I have cancelled insurances, medical aid, downgraded my standard of living in order to meet the daily financial burdens placed on me, hence I don`t have as many expenses as before and my apartment is paid up whilst the father has incurred more debt with his new home and family.

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 04-12-2022 17:23:23

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

For a maintenance order, you need to apply for an increase / decrease in the maintenance order. Is this for maintenance for you, or for your children?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.