Hi how are you .I gave my tenant a notic...

Asked by Wellington on 12-02-2023 05:23:56
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi how are you .I gave my tenant a notice to leave my place in December last year be doesn't want to move out there is no lease agreement we just agreed to stay together as two families but now his wife went to stay at home and myself I'm now working in the USA so I just find it not proper for him continuing staying in the same house with my wife while I'm not gonna go back

Further information relating to Question:

I just want him out since I gave him notice last year december

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-02-2023 18:56:06

Hi there Wellington and thank you for your question,

I am a practicing attorney based in South Africa and I will assist you with your question. Please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

Please keep in mind that our discussions is for general information purposes only. Our engagement on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. 

I assume that he was staying at your house based on a month-to-month oral lease agreement, which you terminated in December 2022?

Would that be fair to say, because there must have been some sort of agreement between the two of you if he was staying in your house.

Did he accept the cancellation notice, or did he dispute it?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.