Good day I just wanted to know what must...

Asked by Anonymous on 08-06-2023 22:35:16
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Northern Cape

Good day 

I just wanted to know what must I do I I want to challenge the default judgment that was issued against my name without my knowledge. I stayed in a company rented property until I lost my job in 2021. The company handed down a law firm to negotiate an eviction. I agree to evict the house on the 3rd of December 2022. I recently learnt that I have a judgment that was issued by the mogistrate court on the 12 may 2023 for the amount of 27534 ZAR. How can I challenge this order. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.