My daughter has been married for 9 year...

Asked by Leon on 20-06-2023 14:11:22
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Free State

  My daughter has been married for 9 years out of community of property, she lives on a farm- her husband abused alcohol and over the counter medicine. He often drives whilst intoxicated with my daughter and the two children. He carries a firearm and when intoxicated I fear he might have an accident with the firearm. He already has two accidental shots fired off in the house. He abuses my daughter mentally as well as children

do I get a protection first or does she summons for divorceShe earns R5000 as a teacher paid by body corporate she fears for her and her children's life apart from living on the farm, the so called " Zama zamas " is now also underground under his farm prospecting we desperately need assistancehe has gone for rehabilitation but thinks it's a jokemany thanks

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.