Good day. I'm asking regarding my pensio...

Asked by Jessica on 22-06-2023 17:49:09
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day. I'm asking regarding my pensioner father. My father lived in my grandmother's house for more than 30 years. My grandmother lived with her other son who was divorced. When he got married again my grandmother decide to go back to her home with whom she shared with my father. My uncle got divorced again and decided to go live with my grandmother also. He sort of build a living space for him to live in. He got married again now he want to sell my grandmother's house because he want the money he used to build him a living space back. My grandmother is in the old age home now and she said numerous times that it is my father's house but he is determined to sell the house and my grandmother don't want to. He overpowered my grandmother to get some kind of will that stated that he can sell the house when she die but it doesn't look like he will wait for her to die to sell the house. In the meantime my grandmother put the municipal account in my father's name. To add my uncle had 4 houses which he also sold. What can my father do. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.