We rent in a complex an apartment the pe...

Asked by Adri on 16-01-2024 14:12:58
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

We rent in a complex an apartment the person who lives in another unit behind me called the landlord telling them i scream on my kids and curse them out on a regular basis and that we are creating problems over the festive time but we weren't even home the whole time we don't drink at all and had no one over not even family there was also claims that we abuse our children and the landlord told me that if the police are contacted 3 times my children will be removed from my home my oldest child does have ADHD and he is load and very busy I don't know what to do and what steps I can take but telling me they are going to take my kids are away are them threatening me and there are no evidence and nothing was found the kids are all good please help me on what steps I can take against them

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.