Good morning, we have recently moved int...

Asked by Anonymous on 07-10-2015 07:56:48
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good morning, we have recently moved into a unit that has prepaid electricity, however we have to pay for water. We received the first bill which was for a two month period, however it was R 2000. We got a shock because of the amount, it's the first time we have had to pay a water bill for this amount. We broke down the bill and realised that of the R700 for the first month, only R 106 was for water consumption, the rest is for the sewage and refuse charge to the stand like wise for the other month. Surely this is a charge for the landlord, or at least it should be a split charge? What is the legal stand on this? Thanks in advance. Regards

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.