My daughter died of a heart attack last ...

Asked by graham on 28-02-2020 10:18:09
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 300.00

My daughter died of a heart attack last december,we require her ID book to get access to an insurance policy she left to me, her father,her partner will not let us have the book,is there any legal way to get the book,i am a pensioner aged 77 on a very small income.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 01-03-2020 16:20:05

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Your daughter's estate must have had an executor appointed. You can visit the Masters Office in Eastern Cape to find out who the executor is. You can also then view the Will. You can also ask the Master for a copy of her ID, because one must be submitted to the Master's Office.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.